- Fall 2020
- Location: Animal Science A130
- Time: 8:00-8:50am (MWF)
- (MW): in-person session (face covering policy)
- (F): on-line session
- Prerequisites: AGRO-315 and STAT-801 or equivalent, or permission of the instructor(s).
Texts and Reading Materials
- Falconer & Mackay, Quantitative Genetics
- Basic R: Quick online reference for data input, basic statistics, and plots.
- STHDA: Statistical tools for high-throughput data analysis.
The HTML slides will likely be posted on Sunday pm for the next week. The slides are subject to change before the class.
Statistical Foundations [Handouts in canvas]
- 10/5 (M): Probability and statistics [HTML]
- 10/7 (W): Covariance and regression [HTML]
- 10/9 (F): R for basic quantiative genetics calculation [Zoom, lab1]
- Basic R syntax
Population values and means [F&M Ch.7]
- 10/12 (M): Average effect of an allele [HTML]
- 10/14 (W): Breeding value, dominance, and interaction [HTML]
- 10/16 (F): R for breeding value interpretation [Zoom, lab2]
Genetic components of variance [F&M Ch.8]
- 10/19 (M): Variance partitioning [HTML]
- 10/21 (W): Heritability and Repeatability [HTML]
- 10/23 (F): R for Heritability calculation [HW1 Due] [Zoom, Lab3]
- 11/06 (F): 8:00-9:00am (in-person)
- 11/21 (S): 8:00-9:00am (in-person)