- Fall 2022
- Location: Animal Science A228
- Time: 9:00-9:50am (MWF)
- Prerequisites: STAT-801A or equivalent, or permission of the instructor(s).
Texts and Reading Materials
- Falconer & Mackay, Introduction to Quantitative Genetics
Free Online Materials
- Graham Coop, Population Genetics notes
- Basic R: Quick online reference for data input, basic statistics, and plots.
- STHDA: Statistical tools for high-throughput data analysis.
Schedule Fall 2022
The HTML slides will likely be posted on Sunday pm for the next week. The slides are subject to change before the class.
Week 1: Allele and Genotype Frequencies (Ch1)
- 08-22 (M): Introduction [HTML]
- 08-24 (W): Hardy-Weinberg Equilibrium [HTML]
- 08-26 (F): Linkage Disequilibrium [HTML]
Week 2: Changes of Allele Frequency (Ch2 & Ch3)
- 08-29 (M): Migration, Mutation, and Selection [HTML]
- HW1 assigned in Canvas (Due Friday morning)
- 08-31 (W): Effectiveness of Selection [HTML]
- 09-02 (F): Genetic Drift [HTML]
- HW1 Due today!
Week 3: Small Populations — simplified conditions (Ch3 & Ch4)
Week 4: Small Populations — less simplified conditions (Ch4)
Week 5: Population Structure and Neutrality test (Notes in Canvas)
- 09-19 (M): F-statistics [HTML]
- HW2 assigned in Canvas!
- 09-21 (W): Neutral theory [HTML]
- 09-23 (F): Dececting natural selection [HTML]
Week 6: Pedigreed Population and Close Inbreeding (Ch5)
- 09-26 (M): Pedigreed Population [HTML]
- HW2 Due today!
- 09-28 (W): Coancestry [HTML]
- 09-30 (F): Relationship matrix [HTML]
- Journal article assigned for peer review
Week 7: Statistical Foundations for Continuous Variation (Ch6 and Notes in Canvas)
- 10-03 (M): Statistical Foundations [HTML]
- 10-05 (W): Continuous Variation [HTML]
- 10-07 (F): Journal Review Discussion [HTML]
- Peer review due
- 12/09 (F): 9:00-10:00am