Inspired by R.E.H.A.B., as well as its fellow journal clubs including EvolFri, C.A.M.P., E.H.R.A.B., Detox, etc., we assemble an informal journal club at UNL to share ideas regarding recent papers or preprints of interest. We focus on, but not limited to, QUantitative genetics and genomics, bio-Informatics and breeding Technologies in all aspects.
Anyone is welcome to suggest a paper (by sending an email to jinliang.yang at unl.edu) and come to talk with us. Nobody will present or defend the papers. We directly jump right into discussion with the assumption that you have read the paper. There is no email list; articles are posted below along with the date.
Notice: Changing time and Location
We meet every Friday at 2:00 pm, at UNL East Campus (Room PLSH 375).
Our Q.U.I.T. will be changed to Computational Genomics Workshop during the summer!
- 05-10-2019: The genetic architecture of teosinte catalyzed and constrained maize domestication. C-J Yang et al., 2019
teosinte, domestication, genetics
- 04-26-2019: Epsilon-genic effects bridge the gap between polygenic and omnigenic complex traits. Cheng et al., 2019
polygenic, omnigenic, complex trait
- 04-19-2019: Deep learning: new computational modelling techniques for genomics. by Eraslan et al., 2019
genomics, review, machine learning
- 04-12-2019: Fast, scalable prediction of deleterious noncoding variants from functional and population genomic data. by Huang et al.,
evolution, deleterious, genomics
- 04-05-2019: Promoter-anchored chromatin interactions predicted from genetic analysis of epigenomic data. by Wu et al.,
genetics, epigenetics, transcription, HiC
- 03-29-2019: Widespread signatures of negative selection in the genetic architecture of human complex traits. by Zeng et al., 2017
Deleterious alleles, MAF, purifying selection, genomic selection, and polygenicity.
- 03-22-2019: Dysregulation of expression correlates with rare-allele burden and fitness loss in maize. By Kremling et al.,
maize, RNA-seq, deleterious
03-15-2019: In Maize Meeting. No JC.
- 03-08-2019: Technological advances in maize breeding: past, present and future. By Andorf et al.,
maize, breeding, review
May (Field Season! No Q.U.I.T.!)
- Working on seed preparation, planting and crossing …
- 04-26-2018: The genomic impacts of drift and selection for hybrid performance in maize. By Gerke et al.,
selection, maize, hyrbid
- 04-19-2018: Identification and validation of genomic regions influencing kernel zinc and iron in maize. By Hindu et al., 2018.
GWAS, biofortification, mineral
04-12-2018: Field Prep. Skip once.
- 04-05-2018: A population genetic interpretation of GWAS findings for human quantitative traits. By Simons et al., 2018. And a primer by Gibson about Population genetics and GWAS
- 03-29-2018: The effect of artificial selection on phenotypic plasticity in maize. By Gage et al., 2017
GWAS, GxE, maize
- 03-22-2018: Dysregulation of expression correlates with rare-allele burden and fitness loss in maize. By Kremling et al., 2018
RNA-seq, fitness, maize
- 03-15-2018: Microbial genome-enabled insights into plant–microorganism interactions. By Guttman et al., 2014
- 03-08-2018: Dissecting the genetic architecture controlling highly polygenic traits via simulations in crop species. Contact Jinliang.yang at unl.edu to get the paper.
- 03-02-2018: Quantitative Genetic Analysis of the Maize Leaf Microbiome. by Wallace et al., 2018
- 02-23-2018: Enhancing resolution of natural methylome reprogramming behavior in plants. by Sanchez et al., 2017
- 02-16-2018: No Q.U.I.T. Celebrating Lunar New Year! Read below ones:
Genetic architecture: the shape of the genetic contribution to human traits and disease. by Timpson et al., 2018
Using partitioned heritability methods to explore genetic architecture. by Evans and Keller
- 02-09-2018: No Q.U.I.T. because of the weather. Stay warm and read this at home.
A phylogenetic method to perform genome-wide association studies in microbes that accounts for population structure and recombination. by Collins and Didelot, 2018
- 02-02-2018: Dynamic DNA methylation reconfiguration during seed development and germination. by Kawakatsu et al., 2017
- 01-26-2018: Genomic features shaping the landscape of meiotic double-strand-break hotspots in maize. by He et al., 2017
- 01-19-2018: Pairwise comparisons across species are problematic when analyzing functional genomic data. by Dunn et al., 2017
functional genomics, comparative
2017 and before
Papers discussed from precious QUIT.